This section of our site is designed to give you the answers to the questions that you will need to address when letting your property.
It is because we are able to offer such a comprehensive and customer focused range of services that our customers have continued to come back to us, time and time again. We can also provide a personal tax return preparation service.
We recognise that each Landlord has a unique set of requirements ~ that's why our market advice is so important. Our Market Appraisal Report will provide vital information including:
- The Expected Rent
- Our Marketing Proposals
- Your Property's Presentation
- Your Property's Tenant Appeal
- Your Obligations as a Landlord regarding Health & Safety Regulations
- What Insurance You Require
- Ongoing Property Management Service
Internet Services to Tenants
6 million homes in the UK have Internet access, and nearly half of the UK adult population use the Internet at home or at work
- Access details of all our clients properties
- Access information rapidly and in your own time
- Register on-line to receive regular email property updates
- Immediate access to our offices via the Ring Me button
- Get details on a wide range of property related services
- View key statistics about the area you are considering
- Map service so you know exactly where each property is
- Weather service so you know what sort of clothes to bring when you are viewing properties
Selecting and Qualifying Your Tenant
- Selecting a suitable tenant for your property is a task we undertake in great detail
- We review and reference every prospective tenant
- We need a comprehensive understanding of their personal and financial circumstances
- A full profile of the tenant enables you to decide if they meet your expectations
- When you and we are both satisfied with the tenants offer and their profile, we will then take your instruction to proceed
The sophisticated monitoring of rental payments ensures tenants are reminded of their obligations.
- Our property office utilises the latest technology to control the accounts process
- We will account to you on receipt of identifiable cleared funds
We are here to deal with all aspects of managing your property for you.
Our Service Includes:
- Organising ongoing repairs and maintenance of your property
- Periodic property inspections with detailed condition report on your property and how the tenant is caring for it
- Gas & electrical installation check
- Preparation of final landlord utility bills
- On-going account settlement
A comprehensive range of support services available to our landlords
- Insurance Claim Management during tenant occupancy
- Deposit Dispersal for Non-Managed Properties
- Vacant Property Management
- Vacant Property Inspections
- Organising Ongoing Repairs And Maintenance Of Your Property
- Plus A Range Of Bespoke Services That Can Be Precisely Tailored To Your Requirements
A Testament to Our Success!
Don't take our word for it, here are just a few comments from satisfied clients
Ms Cormack Caledonian Place, Ferryhill, Aberdeen
I have been with Peterkins for about 18 months now. I have found all the staff friendly, helpful and most of all very efficient. I intend to continue doing business with Peterkins.
Mr Benzies, Bloomfield Court, Aberdeen
Just a short note to say how pleased I am with the service I am receiving from Peterkins with regard to the rent of my flat. The service that is being provided is very professional and leaves me in no doubt that my interests are being well looked after therefore leaving me to continue with other matters without having to concern myself over the flat rental.
Dr McKnight, White Cottage
I found the Leasing Department very helpful and would happily recommend Peterkins again as the service received was professional and efficient and any problems were dealt with promptly and to a high standard
Mr. Haefner, New Pier Road, Footdee
Being an American moving to Aberdeen, I had a few problems to begin with at the property, but all were dealt with quickly and I am happy with the service provided. I have always been dealt with professionally
Q: Why do I need to register with Peterkins Solicitors?
A: As a buyer you will be able to search the property database for suitable homes 24 hours a day. Both buyers and sellers will be able to contact us via E-mail with any queries they have. We try to make moving less stressful.
Q: Do I have to look at all the properties available to find one that I want?
A: No. Our property search allows you select properties in a specified price range within your choice of locations and shows full property details on each property.
Q: I am unsure as to the process of house buying. Please can you explain it to me?
A: Contact our office to arrange an appointment to see our financial advisor followed by a solicitor or E-mail us with any queries.
Q: I have found a property that I want to buy. What do I need to do now?
A: If you have not registered with us you need to do so. Once registered we can then arrange to make an offer on your behalf.
Q: How much can I borrow and how much will a mortgage cost?
A: For your mortgage queries you can go to out Mortgage Calculator. This will give you a guide on how much you can borrow and a typical monthly repayment. You can consult our Independent Financial Advisor, by contacting him on email@example.com. The advisor will be able to assist you and help you select a mortgage that is appropriate for you.
Q: I am unsure as to the process of house selling. Please can you explain it to me?
A: Contact our office to arrange an appointment for our Valuations Manager to visit you home or E-mail us with any queries.
Q: How long does it take to go on the market for sale?
A: Once your draft set of particulars are returned to our office, as long as all the paperwork has been fully completed, the property will be placed onto the market within 24 hours.
Q: What happens once Peterkins find a buyer for our home?
A: The offer is submitted to the selling solicitor who sends a qualified acceptance to the Purchaser's solicitor, at point of agreement missives are concluded. The missives will specify an entry date, on this date the purchaser must pay the sale price and you must vacate the property, give the keys and a valid Title to the Purchaser.
Q: What is conveyancing?
A: Go to section Understanding Conveyancing or Contact Us.
Q: What is the minimum lease term?
A: 6 months 'Short Assured' tenancy.
Q: How quickly can we move into our leased property?
A: Between 5 & 7 working days depending references.
Q: What sort of references do you require?
A: Financial reference for your bank/building society, Employer reference, Personal reference and if required a Parental guarantor.
Q: How long does it take to go on the market for lease?
A: Within 24 hours of the initial appointment.
Q: What other services do you offer?
A: At Peterkins we can assist you with mortgages, insurance, surveys and lettings. We will also point you in the right direction of any further information related to home moving that you require.
Q: I browsed your site but cannot find the information I need?
A: If you cannot find the information that you required you can contact our office. A member of the appropriate department will respond to your query.